Comments

http://www.google.ca/cse" id="cse-search-box">

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Drugstore an Adventure...

Yes, I had to go to the Drugstore today and get a new Razor, my old Wilkinson Protector had finally cut it's last hair and so I had to go and get my new Razor...well actually I just wanted new blades but anyways. After doing my grocery shopping I decided that I had to go in the Drugstore and get those blades. I already knew that something was afoot when I came near the automatic doors...which work like a our lock. I came close to the outer door and it opened very slowly. When it was finally open after what felt like a eternity I stepped through the door and stepped in front of the next waiting for the antiquated motion sensor to realize that I was there and open the next door, which then eventually as well opened once more very slowly. I was inside finally a smell of perfume and medicine filled my nostrils and I decided that try not to breath this air in at all, alas I realized that like most humans I could not hold my breath longer then a couple of minutes without collapsing...which did cause some concerned looks from the clerks in the store. I then tried to orient myself between all the shelves filled with things that I most likely would never need. I found myself in aisle 3, and reading the signs in the that were hard to make out because of the glare of the neon-lights and the high stacked shelves, I realized that what I was looking for must be in aisle 1. So I walked over to aisle one where to my shock I could see nothing but lipstick and perfumes, I decided that what I was looking for had to be in aisle one and so I embarked on my odyssey on aisle one. I past many shelves of cosmetics and was already dangerously close to the end of the aisle when I finally found what I was looking for the Razor area. Then I looked at the Razors they had bags on the lower shelves at which I found myself staring for many minutes wondering who would buy those and if those people considered the enormous waste that went along with those one-way razors. Then I began searching for the razor blades for which I was searching, I knew that they had to be somewhere but then something caught my eyes. It was the three Razors that all had the Quattro written on them in big bold letters as to underline how masculine they were. There was one that was titled 'Quattro Power' which apperantly causes your hair to stand up so that it can be shaved more easily, then there was the normal Quattro which was just four bladed and did not make your hair stand up, the last was titled 'Quattro Titanium' which had Vitamin E in it and was covered with Titanium. When I read the description I felt as if I was reading a mixture of Beauty magazine and Space Travel Sci-Fi Magazine, it said that the Vitamin E would insure a smoother shaving etc. and the Titanium insured so many other things that I was already waiting for a notice on the end of the text which would kindly point out that I needed a license to use this great combination of Beauty product and Space travel experience. Telling that I would feel as if I was traveling on the Enterprise or Battlestar Galactica if would be using this Razor. Eventually I put that Razor back decided that I felt most uncomfortable around this oppressing amount of beauty products almost fearing that I would suddenly feel the compulsive need to buy lipstick, or some wonder medicine on the way out or maybe some pop or sweet that they also offered just one aisle down from the toothpaste and brushes. So I grabbed the Quattro and headed down to the cashier trying not to look at anything that was around me, then payed for my new Razor and left the doors which again had this slowness to them. When I finally left the store I felt as if I should fall to my knees and thank god that I made it out of there with nothing more then my new Razor. I then vowed that I would avoid going to drugstores as much as possible so until my toothpaste runs out or some other product that I bitterly need. I later realized that I was fortunate to have made it out of that store remembering the old man that had slowly walked down the aisle staring at the list in one hand while trying to make the names of the products on the shelves out. When he asked the clerk she directed him down the aisle and so he walked down there, the next time when I saw him he was coming back from that place where the clerk had pointed him too and was happily holding the first of several products of the list, that was a week later.

No comments: