Comments

http://www.google.ca/cse" id="cse-search-box">

Friday, June 09, 2006

How much democracy?

Why is it that we manage to come up with the same elitist system, even though we just destroyed one. Why is it that there is not one single state that is not governed by an eltist group. (I know that this statement is very strong, and I' am willing to admit that there maybe some states that are different, but I could not name one.) Why is it that the ruling class has so many privileges? Admittedly they do have a great responsibility but they gain great power as well. They should not be treated as if they were better or more important than any other one being in the nation which they govern. What kind of an democracy is it that only allows one specific group to govern?
Of course I hope that this is not misunderstood, I do not mention states which are reigned by kings, feudal lords and dictators because those are obviously governed by an elitist group.

No comments: