Comments

http://www.google.ca/cse" id="cse-search-box">

Monday, January 15, 2007

Consumerism...and my answer to it...

I' am one of those who argue against consumerism, and often am misunderstand due to that. Many think that by saying 'No' to consumerism I say 'No' to buying anything, now that is incorrect. Consumerism is not buying what you need but rather buying continuesly and mainly things you do not need. For example if you have a cellphone you can use that for many, many years instead most people buy a new one very often beyond that buying a cellphone is most often not even necessary. What I' am saying or intend to say is that you only need so much we do not need, I do not object to the occasional luxury I' am to much of an realist to expect us to go back to rocks and caves. Yet I do hope that it is possible for humans to life in a more coexisting manner which allows which does not everything to be destroyed or to have to get out of our or else be destroyed.
Other cultures have managed to do so, thus meaning that we can coexist if we only accept limits of our environment. Now this does take effort but is not impossible.

No comments: